Zanzibar International Airport | Tanzania Airport Transfers
Zanzibar Aiport | Abeid Amani Karume International airport |Kisauni airport Zanzibar | Tanzania airports Transfer | Tanzania Transfer Service | Tanzania Travel Service | Transport in Tanzania | Private transport in Tanzania | Tanzania Travel Guide
Abeid Amani Karume International Airport is the main airport in the Zanzibar Archipelago located on Unguja Island. It is approximately 5 kilometres south of Zanzibar City, the capital of Zanzibar, and has flights to East Africa, Europe, and the Middle East.
It was previously known as Kisauni Airport and Zanzibar International Airport. It was renamed in 2010 in honour of Abeid Amani Karume, the island’s first president.
The longest flight from Zanzibar ZNZ is a 4,522 mile (7,278 km) non-stop route to Amsterdam AMS. This direct flight takes around 8 hours and 35 minutes and is operated by KLM.
Airlines flying from Zanzibar:
In total there are 24 airlines flying from and to Zanzibar. Most flights are operated by one of the following carriers:
- #1. Coastal Aviation (CQ)6 destinations
- #2. Neos (NO)4 destinations
- #3. Auric Air (UI)4 destinations
- #4. Precision Air (PW)4 destinations
- #5. Air Excel (XLL)3 destinations
- #6. Zanair (B4)3 destinations
- #7. Blue Panorama (BV)3 destinations
- #8. Utair Express (UR)2 destinations
- #9. Oman Air (WY)2 destinations
For all your travel need in Tanzania, Airport transfers, Mountain Kilimanjaro and Meru Climb, Safari to Serengeti and all Tanzania Nationa. parks: WhatsApp: +255 759 694 668 or email: email@example.com
Alternative airports near Zanzibar
Below you can find a list of alternative airports to Zanzibar (ZNZ). The nearest airports to Zanzibar (ZNZ) are Dar es Salaam (DAR) and Pemba Island (PMA).
- #1. DAR – Dar es SalaamTanzania – 45 mi / 73 km
- #2. PMA – Pemba IslandTanzania – 78 mi / 125 km
- #3. TGT – TangaTanzania – 79 mi / 127 km
- #4. MFA – Mafia IslandTanzania – 121 mi / 195 km