Top 3 National Parks near Mbeya
Top 3 National Parks near Mbeya | Serengeti National Park | Ngorongoro Crater | Kilimanjaro National Park | Ruaha National Park | Selous Game Reserve | Lake Manyara National Park | Tarangire National Park | Mahale Mountains National Park | Gombe Stream National Park | Katavi National Park | Mikumi National Park | Tanzania Travel Guide
Top 3 National Parks near Mbeya
A wildlife safari is one of the biggest charms of any African adventure and Tanzania is perhaps the best country for a journey into the wild. Tanzania’s national parks are designed to suit all kinds of interests, preferences and comfort levels, and you can be rest assured that there is a safari which is perfect for you.
Southern Tanzania Safari has some of the vast game reserves and Tanzania National Parks, yet is receives fewer visitors as compared to the northern circuit. This part is visited mainly by returning travelers or people seeking places other than usual. Needless to say, the parks in this region are remote with some smaller parks being even more isolated where it seems like the entire park will be all to yourself.
Here Are The Main National Parks To Explore In Southern Tanzania Safari:
- Selous Game Reserve. Perhaps the main point of attraction in southern part, it is the second largest conservation area and largest game reserve in Africa. The landscapes and wildlife are quite diverse in here, with equally diverse avifauna population.
- Mikumi National Park. The diverse landscape offered by this park along with equally diverse wildlife population is quite mesmerizing. The Big Five of Africa and the avifauna also make this park special in the southern circuit.
- Ruaha National Park. The largest national park of Tanzania, lions, leopards, and elephants are a common sight in this park. Close to 571 species of birds inhabit Ruaha and it accommodates 10% of world’s lion population.
- Udzungwa Mountains National Park. Another large national park located in the southern Tanzania. The mountaintops offer a unique observing place for rainforests and savannahs that run through the plains.
- Kitulo National Park. Located in the southern highlands of Tanzania, the floral diversity of this protected area is unmatchable, for which it is gaining constant attention from botanists around the world.
- Katavi National Park. It is a very remote part lying in the southern part of Tanzania and receives very less tourists each year even after being the third largest national park in Tanzania.
Tanzania is a big country, and the main safari destinations can be split into the north (The Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater) or the south (The Selous and Ruaha). Most tourists flock to the north as it is comprised of the famed highlights of Tanzania – and rightly so as the wildlife is phenomenal. However, the fame of the north can often overshadow the south, which in our view is one of East Africa’s best kept secrets. West Tanzania is also an option, though this is extremely expensive to get to and hardly any tourists do as a result. As a rough guide – when 70% of travellers head to the north, 25% go to the south, and only 5% or less venture to the West.
More about Mbeya Travel Guide:
Planning your trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Mbeya such as events and attractions, key traveller information to make your Mbeya visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Mbeya, you’ll find everything you need for your Mbeya holiday on Our Website. Mbeya Travel guide has the information about latest events not to miss while you visit Mbeya – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip Mbeya
Discover the best day trips from Mbeya or other Tanzania’s Cities. If you’re here as a family, you’ll find plenty of things to do in Dar-Es-Salaam with kids and find suitable accommodation such as Mbeya holiday apartments. Whether you’re looking for the best weekend breaks in Tanzania or planning a longer holiday in, you can be sure you’ll find all the information you need.
Tanzania Travel Guide| Climb Kilimanjaro and Meru | Beach Holidays in Zanzibar | Mwanza Travel Guide |Dar-es-salaam Travel Guide |Dodoma Travel Guide | Tanga Travel Guide | Mbeya Travel Guide | Arusha Travel Guide | Tanzania Safari and Tours | Africa Safari Forums | African Safari Questions and answers | Volunuteers Guide