Tanzania flying in Safari I Tanzania Safari
By definition, ‘fly-in safaris’ refer to the fact that your transfers to and from your final safari destination will be by plane rather than road. Fly-in safaris are a much more convenient and time-saving option, maximising your time on the ground and allowing you access to remote, off the beaten track parts of Africa Although typically more expensive than a drive-in trip, it can well worth spending the extra cash for such a sensational trip.
Typically, a fly-in safari package will include flights via a small Cessna or Caravan aircraft from the international airport where you first land – and the journey across beautiful landscapes on a tiny plane is a unique experience in itself. You’ll head out into the bush by air, sometimes landing on just a dirt airstrip in the middle of the wild, which adds another edge to the spirit of adventure. This is a really fantastic way to see the wilderness and you’ll get some awesome views from the air on the way.
Here, you’ll be met by a representative from your camp or lodge for a short to the accommodation to get settled in before getting stuck into game drives and the fun activities. At the end of the trip, you’ll transfer back to your departing airport by light aircraft, or choose to travel onwards to another camp on your itinerary, anywhere in Africa!
TOP TANZANIA FLYING IN SAFARIS
A fly-in safari is perfect for travellers who only have a few days to see the wild. Swap hours of tedious travel in a car for a short transfer flight and you’ll be saving all that time up to spend on game drives and at your camp where the real safari adventure lies. With a fly-in option, safari holidays don’t need to be epic 12 or 14-day vacations – you can see and do everything in a short break of three or four days.
If you do have plenty of time for a safari, a fly-in trip can also allow you to travel vast distances between different camps for more than one adventure on your holiday. Don’t limit yourself to one national park or even one country! Many fly-in safari packages allow you to cross borders and hundreds of miles for a really complete experience.
Another advantage of flying in is the destination – you can experience remote areas that would otherwise be inaccessible by jeep. Get away from the crowds and back to nature, right out in the bush. You can’t beat a sundowner looking out from your camp or lodge with nothing but the wilds of Africa in sight, stretching for miles over the horizon.
Top Fly-in Safari in Tanzania:
- #1. Nothern Tanzania flying in Safaris
- #2. Southern Tanzania flying in Safaris
- #3. Western Tanzania flying in Safaris
- #4. Eastern Tanzania flying in Safaris
Tips for Fly-in Safaris
- #1. Even short trips of two or three days can be arranged with fly-in transfers.
- #2. Beware that the price will be a lot higher – typically $200 to $500 more per person than a drive-in trip.
- #3. Work out the balance of cost against time saved on the ground for the best value for money.
- #4. An eight or 10-hour drive can be covered in less than two hours by plane – value for money.
- #5. For maximum flexibility, look into a private tour for your family, or even as a couple.
- #6. As with all package deals, check what’s included before you book.
- #7. Remember that light aircraft are used for the transfer, which are very different from a jet.
- #8. There will be limited cargo and cabin space on small planes.
- #9. If you need to save on a long trip you can travel by land vehicle between destinations.
More Fly-In Safari Resources
- Fly-in safaris options throughout Tanzania and nearby countries.
More about Tanzania Travel Guide:
Planning your trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Tanzania such as events and attractions, key traveller information to make your Tanzania visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Mwanza, you’ll find everything you need for your Tanzania holiday on Our Website. Tanzania Travel guide has the information about latest events not to miss while you visit Tanzania – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip Tanzania
Discover the best day trips from Dar-es-salaam or other Tanzania’s Cities. If you’re here as a family, you’ll find plenty of things to do in Tanzania with kids and find suitable accommodation such as Tanzania holiday apartments. Whether you’re looking for the best weekend breaks in Tanzania or planning a longer holiday in, you can be sure you’ll find all the information you need.
Tanzania Travel Guide| Climb Kilimanjaro and Meru | Beach Holidays in Zanzibar | Mwanza Travel Guide |Dar-es-salaam Travel Guide |Dodoma Travel Guide | Tanga Travel Guide | Mbeya Travel Guide | Arusha Travel Guide | Tanzania Safari and Tours | Africa Safari Forums | African Safari Questions and answers