Where to Eat in Iringa | Restaurants – Dine
Where to Eat in Iringa? Iringa is a town in central Tanzania. It sits on a cliff overlooking the Ruaha River Valley, in the Southern Highlands region. The town center has German colonial buildings and a popular market. The Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery memorializes soldiers who died in local battles during WWI and WWII. From Gangilonga Rock, which was once an important chieftain meeting spot, views stretch over the town.
Where to Eat in Iringa: At the following locations, may enjoy some typical mainland Tanzanian local foods including Wali (White rice), Pilau or Biryani (Spiced rice), Ugali (Cornmeal), Chapati (Flatbread), Nyama Choma or Mshikaki (Roasted meats), roasted fish, or Plantain with meat (Ndizi-Nyama).
- Neema Crafts: Visit Neema Craft if you want to experience European and Tanzanian dishes to suit all tastes. Voted the Best restaurant in the world by the UK Telegraph newspaper in 2010! For more detail, please visit their website!
- Mama Iringa: It is located in Don Bosco area, along the road to Mkwawa University College. It offers a variety of Italian food, drinks and desserts, it is a popular getaway for both locals and foreigners.
- The Haven: It is popular place to dine located in Gangilonga area nearby Gentle Hills Hotel. The restaurant serves western foods – burgers and pizza.
- Saivilla: Is another popular restaurant that offers Indian cuisine and variety of other dishes. It is located in Gangilonga off Kawawa Street approximately 500m east of Lutheran Center.
- Hasty Tasty: It is located next to Student Partnership Worldwide (SPW) office. The restaurant offers variety of food specials such as hot chick pea curry, flat bread (chapati), samosas, egg and meat chops, fruit juice and milkshakes. If you have something special to celebrate, just ask the staff at Hsty Tasty. They will arrange for you!
- River Valley Campsite: It is located outside Iringa town along Dar Es Salam –Iringa Highway in vicinity to Little Ruaha River. There is a Campsite nearby. The restaurant serves both western and Tanzanian local food. Visitors who want to have picnics and hiking are welcome.
- Miami Sports Bar: Is located near Samora roundabout and it offers delicious nyama choma mainly BBQ’d beef, chicken & goat. It is nice place to enjoy evening with friends because they have a nice VIP room upstairs which is quite.
- Greek Club: It is located along Lumumba Street in Gangilonga. It offers Greek cuisine.
Tanzania Travel Guide| Climb Kilimanjaro and Meru | Beach Holidays | Mwanza Travel Guide |Dar-es-salaam Travel Guide |Dodoma Travel Guide | Tanga Travel Guide | Mbeya Travel Guide | Arusha Travel Guide | Tanzania Safari and Tours | Africa Safari Forums | African Safari Questions and answers | Expat Guide |Kilimanjaro Guide|Lemosho Roue|Machame Route |Tanzanian |Volunteers Guide |Volunteer Tanzania |Volunteer in Arusha